We have voluntarily recalled all varieties of Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter beginning with product code 2111, which is printed on the lid of both brands. We continue to work with the FDA to investigate the link between these products and the foodborne illness salmonella.
Today, the FDA released an update regarding the recall. For more details, click here for the FDA update.
While this affects Great Value peanut butter beginning with product code 2111, there are other manufacturers of Great Value peanut butter that are not affected by this recall.
If you have questions or concerns about your health, please contact your doctor. If you are contacting us to report an illness, please be sure to have your doctor's diagnosis of salmonella. This will help us significantly expedite the process.
In the United States, for a full product refund you may do one of two things:
Outside the United States, for a full product refund:
- As of Feb.16, ConAgra Foods has authorized retailers to accept returns of open or unopened jars of Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter marked with a product code beginning with 2111 for a full refund. You should return your peanut butter to the store where you bought it.
- Or you can send your Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter lid or label with the product code beginning with 2111 to ConAgra Foods along with your name and mailing address for a full refund. That mailing address is ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 3768, Omaha, NE 68103. We ask that you wash the lids before sending them through the mail. You do not need to send samples of peanut butter through the mail.
- Please mail the Peter Pan Peanut Butter product lid or label beginning with product code 2111 imprinted on it along with your name and mailing address to the local distributor in your geographic region.
- For a full distributor list in your geographic region click here.
If you need any additional information about the recall of Peter Pan peanut butter and Great Value peanut butter starting with product code 2111, you can contact us in a variety of ways, including:
- Send your questions or concerns to us via our online form.
- Call our 24-hour, toll-free Consumer Affairs number: 866-344-6970.
- If you've called this number and have not been able to get through, please bear with us, wait 30-60 minutes and try again. We know that many consumers are experiencing delays in reaching us. We apologize for this and are adding additional lines and personnel to deal with the influx of calls as quickly as we can.
For a refund, please follow the instructions above. It's not necessary for you to call unless you have questions or concerns.
We want to answer your questions and address your concerns. We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding.